Carré plongeant (coupe de cheveux)

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by Krazy Kitty, Jan 23, 2006.

  1. Krazy Kitty New Member

    Irvine, CA
    French (France)

    J'aimerais savoir comment traduire l'expression "carré plongeant" qui désigne une coupe de cheveux... je dois aller chez le coiffeur bientôt !

    Merci !

    Krazy K.
  2. Agnès E.

    Agnès E. Senior Member

    France, French
    Bonjour Krazy Kitty,
    Bienvenue sur le forum !

    Afin d'aider nos amis anglophones à vous aider, pouvez-vous nous dire si cela ressemble à cette coiffure ?
  3. Kelly B

    Kelly B Senior Member

    USA English
    Je ne sais pas, mais je suggère en tout cas d'apporter une photo du style désiré.:)
  4. Martinette New Member

    made in Normandy
    a bob pour un carré. maybe a bob with a shorter back? (u carré plongeant est un carré plus court derrière que devant, avec une nuque effilée)
  5. gsa New Member

    France French
    Plusieurs façons de traduire :
    A-line bob, A-line blunt, Angled bob, Angled blunt

    Bonne coupe,

  6. mikael New Member

    >A-line bob, A-line blunt, Angled bob, Angled blunt
    The following web page has a list of these styles in French.
    There is not much difference between bob and blunt. 'blunt' just confirms
    that the hair is cut in a line.

    angled bob = carré plongeant avant / carré plongeant arrière


    An A-line Bob is a geometric bob with a straight fringe, so called because of the resemblance to the capital A, with it’s horizontal line, the fringe and its legs the hair passing your ears.
  7. Squiggle

    Squiggle Senior Member

    Savoie, France
    English - UK
    You have probably changed your hairstyle many times since the first posting but apparently a really "plongeant" bob is a buzzcut bob.

Share This Page