Car's ID badge

ngocdung

Hi everyone,
Can you pls please help me for the term which is not familiared with me. Thanks.

"He slid the special ID badge off the rearview mirror where the moron who owned the Lincoln always keep it, replacing it with an identical one, although it wouldn't work like it was supposed to."

What is the ID badge and who it is different from "identical one"?
Thanks for your attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • JamesM

The ID badge is in the car, but that doesn't mean it's an ID badge for the car. Without more context or background it's impossible to say what type of ID badge it is.

Who is the moron who owns the Lincoln? What is his job? Does it require a security ID or pass? Where did you find this passage?

ngocdung

Thanks James,
    I found it in a novel. The car is the SUV, Lincoln Navigator.
    More context:
    "He slid the special ID badge off the rearview mirror where the moron who owned the Lincoln always keep it, replacing it with an identical one, although it wouldn't work like it was supposed to. It didn't have the encryption codes burned into it."

Nunty

Modified
    Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
    It sounds like the car's real owner kept his ID badge hanging on the rearview mirror when he wasn't using it. His person came along and took the real ID badge and substituted another one (or a realistic fake) so the car's owner would not notice that his badge was missing.

What book is this from? Is someone trying to pretend to be someone else?

ngocdung

I think I was confused of ID badge. According to JamesM and Nun-Translator's explanation, ID badge is used to check in a building or something like that. I thought ID badge is for the car. The car is just where he kept his ID badge. In this novel, this ID badge to check in the White House. Thanks everybody, I got its ideas now.

< Previous | Next >