Part of the outline of a purchase agreement:
Date: ......
Parties: ......
Object: .....
Total sum: .....
Guarantees: .....
Period of validity: .....
(and then)
Réception : 5 cas de réception sont prévus (basés sur concepts de valeurs garanties et de rejet)

I'm afraid I can't make any sense of this sentence at all.
5 stages of receiving the goods purchased?
based on concepts of guaranteed values/assets and rejection?

Nonsense... help!

• Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    You don't say what the goods are, or whether they actually can be delivered in stages. I'd have expected cas to mean types or instances. Based on the guaranteed value of the goods and the refusal/reject rate.

I have in mind a large number of natural or mass-produced items (e.g. kilos of peanuts or hundreds of widgets) which must be (say) 90% top quality, 8% seconds and no more than 2% rejects.

Does that help at all?

constantlyconfused

English - British
    It's a cancer research and treatment centre... which hopefully doesn't leave you as lost as I still am!
    The building(s) come first, then the installations and equipment.

Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    ... which hopefully doesn't leave you as lost as I still am!
    Vain hope.

I still think it's types of receipt, but forget the peanuts.

OK, here's another line: since we're talking about buildings, réception des travaux means handover of the building works. So the builder can (a) make a perfect job, and the handover is immediate and definitive, or (b) there may be minor problems so the health authorities will accept handover so long as the plumber comes back to fix that tap, or (c) there's a major problem about a leaky roof so handover is deferred or (d) ... etc.

So there could be up to 5 scenarios. Yes?

constantlyconfused

English - British
    By Jove!!!

It just so happens there are precisely 5 scenarios a few pages later - called scenarios and numbered 1 to 5. Only an idiot could have failed to make the connection...

Many thanks, Keith.

For info, the scenarios are based on the time of handover (ahead of schedule), the type of equipment installed (including refusal of delivery in some cases) and default on initial credit.

Translation of sentence in OP:
    Handover: There are 5 scenarios (based on concepts of guaranteed assets and rejections)

< Previous | Next >