Cascade Meeting

< Previous | Next >
  • moonsmile

Chinese
    Sorry for didn't provide some background. It just this meeting my company have every quarter to talk about stratigic stuffs, finacial performance etc.
    so I have been wondering whether "Cascade meeting" is a general used term or it's specific to my company?

Thanks!

MichaelW

English (British)
    I have heard it used elsewhere to describe meetings where management are presenting general company information to staff... the idea being that information about the state of the company and its objectives and aims "cascades" through the company from top level down to employees.

Michel09

français - France
    Sorry for I didn't provide some background. It is just this meeting my company has every quarter to talk about strategic stuffs, financial performance, etc.
    So I have been wondering whether "cascade meeting" is a generally used term or if it's specific to my company?

Thanks!
    I have never heard of a cascade meeting before. However, upon searching for the term on Google, I found that it seems to be related to weddings. And, it seems to be a location in Kansas City, MO, where perhaps the meetings are held. There are also plenty of results relating to a Cascade Meeting & Wedding Reception Center in Grand Rapids, MI. Perhaps others may have suggestions to better explain the meaning. As I said, I have never heard such a term.

moonsmile

Chinese
    aha! make sense to me.

I've tried ways to relate "cascades" with this meeting, and the only way I could think of was everyone got drowned over the meeting, but didn't seeem a whole lot to do with "cascades"...

Thanks Michael!

I have heard it used elsewhere to describe meetings where management are presenting general company information to staff... the idea being that information about the state of the company and its objectives and aims "cascades" through the company from top level down to employees.

moonsmile

Chinese
    Thanks for helping. I've also tried Google and got what you had.
    It's interesting to know this term might be a "local product"

I have never heard of a cascade meeting before. However, upon searching for the term on Google, I found that it seems to be related to weddings. And, it seems to be a location in Kansas City, MO, where perhaps the meetings are held. There are also plenty of results relating to a Cascade Meeting & Wedding Reception Center in Grand Rapids, MI. Perhaps others may have suggestions to better explain the meaning. As I said, I have never heard such a term.

lablady

English - USA
    Hello moonsmile,

I have a silly question of my own. :D

By chance, does the organization that is holding these cascade meetings have a name that contains the word "Cascade"? When I did a search, I noticed some "Cascade"-named companies/organizations that are based in the city that you have listed on your profile as your location. :)

Other than that observation, I have no ideas. I have never heard of "cascade meetings", though MichaelW's suggestion does make sense.

moonsmile

Chinese
    Hello moonsmile,

I have a silly question of my own. :D

By chance, does the organization that is holding these cascade meetings have a name that contains the word "Cascade"? When I did a search, I noticed some "Cascade"-named companies/organizations that are based in the city that you have listed on your profile as your location. :)

Other than that observation, I have no ideas. I have never heard of "cascade meetings", though MichaelW's suggestion does make sense.
    hmmm...it's getting more and more interesting than I thought;)
    My company doesn't have Cascade in name or even anything related

Loob

English UK
    I've heard it most often - for my sins - as "cascade briefing".

And, yes, it has exactly the meaning MichaelW describes in post 4.

< Previous | Next >