1. Antonino54 Senior Member

    Lima, Peru
    Peruvian, Español
    Dear friends, how would you translate cast cylinder in this context:

    "The device consists of a cast cylinder that is milled as to house the solenoid actuator,.."

    My try is:

    El dispositivo consiste de un cilindro (????) que se taladra (fresa) para albergar el accionador del solenoide..."

    I would appreciate your help with this term. Is there a precise term in spanish for this?

  2. Lis48

    Lis48 Senior Member

    York, England
    English - British
    Cast (iron) cylinder. ¿¿ de hierro fundido??
    Taldrar is to drill isn´t it? Milled is more moulded, shaped ( e.g. in the steel mill).

Share This Page