Castle golden/Ocean blue

< Previous | Next >

Mackinder

Colombian Spanish
Good evening, everyone

In the lyrics for Christina Aguilera's Feel This Moment ft. Pitbull and Aqua's We Belong to the Sea, we can find the following words, respectively: Castle golden and ocean blue.

Although I am one hundred percent sure that they made it this way so that it could rhyme with the song and its melody,

"One day when the light is glowing, Ill be in my castle golden" (she pronounces it "glowen")
"Take me to the ocean blue. Let me dive right into." (she pronounces "into" with emphasis on "to")

do you think that these two examples may be considered gramatically correct?

Thank you and have a good night!

Last edited:
  • heypresto

English - England
    You're right, she rhymes 'glowing' with 'golden', 'open' and 'moment'.

Songs and poetry don't have to follow 'normal' grammar 'rules'. Words are chosen for their scanning and rhyming qualities, and sentences are structured to fit the rhythm or metre.

But, having said that, the first line is grammatically correct. The second (Let me dive right into) isn't.

Mackinder

Colombian Spanish
    You're right, she rhymes 'glowing' with 'golden', 'open' and 'moment'.

Songs and poetry don't have to follow 'normal' grammar 'rules'. Words are chosen for their scanning and rhyming qualities, and sentences are structured to fit the rhythm or metre.

But, having said that, the first line is grammatically correct. The second (Let me dive right into) isn't.
    Thank you, my friend

Have a nice day!

< Previous | Next >