Cat got your tongue

IrlandaCis

Russian
Hello!

I came across that text:
You have your photo edited to instafame perfection but cat’s got your caption tongue. Have no fear… Simply save that 100+ banger as a draft and think on it",
and I don't understand why they used that phrase? Why cat?

• Edinburgher

German/English bilingual
    There's no such thing as a "caption tongue", but they are using the established idiom "(Has the) cat got your tongue?", which is normally used in situations where you either don't want to say something or can't think of the right words quickly enough, and applying it to the situation in which you are having difficulty thinking of a suitable (witty enough) caption to add to your picture.

IrlandaCis

Russian
    There's no such thing as a "caption tongue", but they are using the established idiom "(Has the) cat got your tongue?", which is normally used in situations where you either don't want to say something or can't think of the right words quickly enough, and applying it to the situation in which you are having difficulty thinking of a suitable (witty enough) caption to add to your picture.
    Thank you a lot. Your comment is very useful for me. Or to me. Another question to clear)))

< Previous | Next >