Catalogo emozionale

sheryl.709

English-American
Hello everyone,

I'm translating some marketing content and I've come across the term "Catalogo emozionale".
Apparently, "catalogo emozionale" is linked to the concept of emotional marketing, more info found here.

The original:
Ti presentiamo la Brochure emozionale di XXX 2021.
100 pagine che raccontano i nostri migliori progetti e l’incontro di binomi imprescindibili per la nostra azienda, come performance e creatività, Made in Italy e materia prima d’eccellenza.

My translation: (not sure about "Emotional brochure", as I haven't found any Google hits)
Presenting the XXX 2021 Emotional brochure.
A hundred pages that talk about our best projects and the coming together of pairings essential to our company, such as performance and creativity, Made in Italy and excellent raw materials.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Please don't come after me for the "Made in Italy", unfortunately the client is dead set on having that exact term although I've told them that it doesn't mean the same thing in English.

• rrose17

Canada, English
    Emotional brochure sounds like a brochure that needs to do some yoga or go for a walk. :D But then in current marketing lingo who knows? Maybe “straight-to-the-heart”?

sheryl.709

English-American
    Emotional brochure sounds like a brochure that needs to do some yoga or go for a walk. :D But then in current marketing lingo who knows? Maybe “straight-to-the-heart”?
    :D LOL. I agree with you, it sounds terrible. I wonder if there is an equivalent English marketing term.
    The thing is "emotional marketing" is really a thing.
    Any marketing experts out there?

theartichoke

English - Canada
    I checked the "emotional marketing" link, and it's about the kind of stuff that marketers have been doing since marketing began: motivate your customer to buy by playing on their feelings. It sounds like your client is using "emozionale" as not much more than a jargony new way of saying "emozionante," so my suggestion is a plain old "exciting." Everything is "exciting" in marketing-speak (Take advantage of our exciting new offer! Check out our exciting sale! Now with exciting new features!), so how about "our exciting new brochure for 2021"?

Last edited:

Starless74

Italiano
    Maybe it's just me, but if I wished to employ emotional marketing (whatever it means) in a campaign,
    the last thing I would probably do is lay cards on the table and use the word emotional on the leaflet/brochure.
    Therefore, I'd second artichoke's suggestion to look for a periphrasis.

Last edited:

Tellure

Italian
    Come suona "Emotive brochure"? Qualche miglioramento?

Emotional advertising performs better
    Hamish Pringle (Director General of the IPA) and Peter Field (marketing consultant) analysed advertising effectiveness for their book, Brand Immortality. They found that emotive adverts performed twice as well as non-emotive advertisements. By focussing on family, love and community (rather than financial benefits), marketing can build an emotional link between your customers and your brand.
    Lessons From The John Lewis Christmas Ad

rrose17

Canada, English
    Good find Tellure! To me Emotive Brochure sounds a lot better than an emotional one. And hopefully keeps sheryl’s client happy!

sheryl.709

English-American
    Come suona "Emotive brochure"? Qualche miglioramento?

Emotional advertising performs better
    Hamish Pringle (Director General of the IPA) and Peter Field (marketing consultant) analysed advertising effectiveness for their book, Brand Immortality. They found that emotive adverts performed twice as well as non-emotive advertisements. By focussing on family, love and community (rather than financial benefits), marketing can build an emotional link between your customers and your brand.
    Lessons From The John Lewis Christmas Ad
    Thanks Tellure! I agree with @rrose, Emotive brochure sounds perfect!