catch you on the flip side

yecido

I just remember this phrase a friend of mine used to say whenever we say good bye,,,I guess I understand the meaning by the context,,,but what would be the correct meaning into Spanish or the context meaning..he also used to change it to: CATCH YOU ON THE FLIP"FLOP"...he said it was funnier,,,I used it to sound more American,,, any thoughts???

• Expion

US (English, some Spanish)
    I agree with him: "catch you on the flipflop" is much funnier than "catch you on the flip side". :D Just remember that no one ever says the first one (this is the first time I've heard it) and listeners may not understand the reference, and that the second one is a phrase used only among young people.

Expion

US (English, some Spanish)
    See/catch you on the flip side = nos vemos en la cara B
    Nos vemos en las curvas = see you in the curves

But they're both used to mean "see you later" (nos vemos).

Txiri

USA English
    The flip side is the other side of the vinyl record, not that there are too many of them on the retail market nowadays.

The flip side of tonight is tomorrow ... somebody used to sign off with this "catchy" phrase, ...

jorgilgo

spanish and english
    The exact meaning is "Te pillo a la vuelta" it is very common to say I'll see you around.

ORL

Spanish/Argentina
    And "nos vemos en la zapatilla" ....menos

Flipflops are "chancletas" or "ojotas".

Tal vez una muy familiar sea un equivalente: "nos estamos viendo".

IrishCailín

English- Br Eng (Irish English)
    Hola,
    Se podría decir 'nos vemos a tu vuelta ? Si alguien se va de vacaciones que yo querría decir "see you on the flip side/when you get back'.

Gracias.

DAlvarez

English and Spanish
    I just remember this phrase a friend of mine used to say whenever we say good bye,,,I guess I understand the meaning by the context,,,but what would be the correct meaning into Spanish or the context meaning..he also used to change it to: CATCH YOU ON THE FLIP"FLOP"...he said it was funnier,,,I used it to sound more American,,, any thoughts???

It may very well be translated as: «Te veo | nos vemos a la vuelta»