"cats come to cream"???

< Previous | Next >

Leandro

Brazil - Portuguese
Dear friends,

I couldn't find even on google this sentence. Is it come kind of idiom? Does anyone know what "cats come to cream" means?
Here's the whole sentence:

"I would urge you to remember that honey draws more flies than vinegar and cats come to cream"

Context: It's about a guy who's trying to get his fiancée by force from inside the church and another character advises him saying instead of coercing her he must talk her into it.

Thanks in advance.

• Trinibeens

NYC
    U.S. English
    Dear friends,

I couldn't find even on google this sentence. Is it come kind of idiom? Does anyone know what "cats come to cream" means?
    Here's the whole sentence:

"I would urge you to remember that honey draws more flies than vinegar and cats come to cream"

Context: It's about a guy who's trying to get his fiancée by force from inside the church and another character advises him saying instead of coercing her he must talk her into it.

Thanks in advance.
    Cats like [to drink] cream. It's attractive to them. A cat will approach something attractive.

He should try to talk his fiancee into his proposal by making it attractive to her.

Trisia

Romanian
    Well, it doesn't have to be a fixed idiom (I suppose you're already familiar with "you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar"). It's simply well-known that cats like cream and the way to make them come to you is not by shouting at them, but by offering a nice bowl of what they enjoy.

< Previous | Next >