Caudal to / ventral to

< Previous | Next >

englishformer66

Spanish
What is the mean of '' to '' in this sentences ? Is there a comparision ?

Inserting the needle caudal to the skin.

Landmark ventral to the crest of the neck.

Would you give an example ? Thank you...

Last edited:
  • Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Welcome to the forum, englishformer66!

Please give us the complete sentences. (Your first example will make more sense if there is a noun following "skin," and your second is not a complete sentence.) Also, please tell us where you found them. We'll be happy to help once we have more information.

englishformer66

Spanish
    Welcome to the forum, englishformer66!

Please give us the complete sentences. (Your first example will make more sense if there is a noun following "skin," and your second is not a complete sentence.) Also, please tell us where you found them. We'll be happy to help once we have more information.
    That sentences are a figure explanation. ( in a medical book )

Last edited:

e2efour

UK English
    These are anatomical positions (these definitions may help: Anatomic Directions & Positions, Body Structure).
    The figure must refer to a description of the procedure in the text.

I would find it difficult to understand caudal to the skin (=behind the skin) if I wanted to insert a needle (although I am not a doctor). For one thing, the skin is a flat surface.
    Caudal can mean roughly behind/at the back of and ventral can mean in front of.

RM1(SS)

English - US (Midwest)
    Caudal refers to the tail, but I don't see how anything could be tailward of the skin -- surely the skin extends all the way to the tip of the tail.

Ventral is the opposite of dorsal, which refers to the back. In a human this would be toward the front of the body; in most mammals it would be toward the underside.

< Previous | Next >