Ce la fai ad aspettare?

cercolumi

italiano
Hello everybody :)
I'm wondering how to translate this simple phrase.
Context:
A friend of mine texted me asking if I would take her to a computer shop because she need to buy a new computer and she finally found the money to buy it. She need also an advice on what pc is better for her to buy and, for this reason, asked me to go with her.
Unfortunally I have no time today so I offered her to go there tomorrow. I want to say to her "Ce la fai ad aspettare"? in a playful way because she was very excited about the idea of buying the new pc.
May I say something like "Can you manage yourself to wait?"?
"Manage yourself" :eek: I'm not sure at all! :)
Thanks in advance for any help!

Corrections of my poor English are always wellcome! :)

• CagiSteu

Italian
    Why did you add "yourself" in the sentence?

I think "can you manage to wait until tomorrow?" entirely fits your purpose.

But, let's wait for the verdict of mother tongue members...

Ciao

CagiSteu

Bella63

British-English
    "Can you hang on (in there) for another day?" is playful and informal, and if you want to explain you can add: "i'm really tied up today!" U can use it with or without the "in there", with makes it more informal and something you may say but not write.
    Bella

Leo57

UK English
    Hello everybody :)
    I'm wondering how to translate this simple phrase.
    Context:
    A friend of mine texted me asking if I would take her to a computer shop because she needed to buy a new computer and had finally found the money to buy one. She also wanted (some) advice on which pc would be better for her to buy and, for this reason, asked me to go with her.
    Unfortunately I have no time today (or: I don't have time today) so I offered her to go with her tomorrow. I want to say to her "Ce la fai ad aspettare"? in a playful way because she was very excited about the idea of buying the new pc.
    May (Better: Can/could) I say something like "Can you manage yourself to wait (until tomorrow)?:tick: (Or just: Can you wait until tomorrow?)
    Corrections of my poor English are always welcome! :) You definitely don't need to add the word 'poor'!:D
    :)Leo

cercolumi

italiano
    Hi all and thanks a lot for all your suggestions :)
    So "can you manage to wait until tomorrow" is accettable after all. I'm very glad about that.
    @Leo Thank you for your truly appreciate corrections :)
    I would like to ask you just one thing about them. You corrected "on what pc would be better...". with "which pc...." but I know that you use "which" only when there are a defined number of options. Am I mistaken with that?
    @MR1492 I might suggest her to buy a mac, but I would never buy one myself; mac are good for people who are not able to use a pc :)
    But we are way off topic here, aren't we? ;)

Leo57

UK English
    @Leo Thank you for your truly appreciated corrections :) (Or: Thank you for the corrections, they are truly appreciated. Or: Thank you for correcting my English; it is truly appreciated.)
    I would like to ask you just one thing about them. You corrected "on what pc would be better...". with "which pc...." but I know that you use "which" only when there are a defined number of options. Am I mistaken with that?
    Hello there
    (Sorry for the delay!) No, you are not mistaken, but as we are already talking about computers, it sounds better (to me anyway) to then clarify with 'which computer'. Sometimes it is helpful to add the word 'one' (in your head). Your friend would like some advice on 'which one' to buy. (Of all the computers on offer, which one should I buy?)
    Ciao
    Leo:)

< Previous | Next >