DearPrudence

Dépêche Mod (AL mod)
Dictionary Editor
IdF
French (lower Normandy)
cejilla nf(pieza guitarra)bridge n
I think that this is rather a capo:
Capo - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre

CEJILLA | Definition of CEJILLA by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico.com also meaning of CEJILLA
Pieza suelta que se ajusta al mástil de la guitarra y que sirve para apretar todas las cuerdas a la vez y elevar por igual la entonación del instrumento.

CAPO | Meaning & Definition for UK English | Lexico.com
A clamp fastened across all the strings of a fretted musical instrument to raise their tuning by a chosen amount.

• DearPrudence

Dépêche Mod (AL mod)
    Dictionary Editor
    IdF
    French (lower Normandy)
    I don't agree with "slide".
    A slide is a tube on your finger:
    c. A small metal or glass tube worn over a finger or held in the hand, used in playing bottleneck-style guitar.
    slide
    Fingandslide.jpg

(in Spanish, I think it is also called a slide:
    sliden(guitar: device for slurring notes) (voz inglesa)slide nm

While a capo / cejilla is a piece that you fastened to the neck.
    Capo_on_a_guitar_neck.jpg

ES: Capo - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre | EN: Capo (musical device) - Wikipedia

fenixpollo

Dictionary Editor
    American English
    Sorry, I'm confused. Your original report said that a cejilla is not a bridge, but rather a capo is a bridge. So I looked for an alternative to bridge. However, now you're saying that capo and cejilla are the same thing, and that the translation for both of them is capo?

fenixpollo

Dictionary Editor
    American English
    I see. My confusion was that you said "this should be capo" and I thought "this" was referring to capo the Spanish word, not the English translation. So I thought you were saying "bridge should be capo" and therefore "cejilla should be something else". Which made the source you cited rather confusing. But I totally get it now. Thanks for following up and explaining it to me in simple terms. :oops: