cela permettra d'apprécier sa motivation, sa curiosité, voire son équilibre

Valosh

Belgium-French
En effet, cela permettra d'apprécier sa motivation, sa curiosité, voire son équilibre.

Can I simply translate this sentence as follows? I am not sure that 'balance' works so well? Any suggestions?
Thank you!
The context is a child' school report.

It will allow you to appreciate his/her motivation, curiosity, even his balance.

• Nil-the-Frogg

Français (France)
    J'aurais écrit:

"This will indeed allow to assess his/her motivation and curiosity, possibly even his/her balance."

Mais il vaut mieux attendre l'avis d'un natif.

Valosh

Belgium-French
    J'aurais écrit:

"This will indeed allow to assess his/her motivation and curiosity, possibly even his/her balance."

Mais il vaut mieux attendre l'avis d'un natif.
    Also , do you think I should replace 'balance' by 'stability' or ' harmony' even?
    As I have heard of 'a balanced lifestyle' but not really 'someone's balance'. The noun ' balance' is more like 'equilibrium' .

If anyone has an opinion, please write in as I am a French native and not sure about this one at all!
    Thank you

JumpOverIt

U.S., English
    I'm not entirely clear on what "balance" refers to here. Does it mean the variety of the child's strengths? Or is it about emotional stability? I suggest,

"This will allow you to assess his/her motivation, curiousity, and possibly even his/her ??."

Valosh

Belgium-French
    I'm not entirely clear on what "balance" refers to here. Does it mean the variety of the child's strengths? Or is it about emotional stability? I suggest,

"This will allow you to assess his/her motivation, curiousity, and possibly even his/her ??."
    Not too sure, I will paste some more of the paragraph and you can help me judge!
    {0>Faire le tri entre les matières<}0{>Sorting out the subjects<0}
    {0>Dans le secondaire, votre enfant est confronté à un nombre toujours plus grand de matières.<}0{>In High School, your child will be faced with an ever increasing number of subjects.<0}{0>Il y a les disciplines centrales - langue française et maths - mais aussi plein d'autres thèmes.<}0{>You have the main disciplines - French language and maths- but also lots of other themes.<0}{0>A vous de faire l'analyse :<}0{>It’s up to you to find out :<0}{0>votre enfant est-il au même niveau partout ?<}0{>Is your child at the same level in each discipline ?<0}{0>Excelle-t-il dans certaines matières (voire une seule) ?<}0{>Does s/he excel in particular subjects( or even just one) ?<0}{0>Semble-t-il perdu sur tous les sujets ?<}0{>Does s/he seem lost in all subjects ?<0}
    {0>Pensez aussi à contrôler l'éducation physique ou les activités culturelles et artistiques.<}0{>Remember to also keep an eye on physical education or cultural and artistic activities.<0}{0>En effet, cela permettra d'apprécier sa motivation, sa curiosité, voire son équilibre.<}0{>This will indeed allow you to assess his/her motivation and curiosity, possibly even his/her stability

< Previous | Next >