centrality that humans continue to have vs central role that humans continue to play

< Previous | Next >

marcbatco

Italian-Italy
Hi, I would please ask you which of the expressions in bold is more appropriate in the following (I prefer the former):
She would also highlight the benefits that these (technological) solutions may bring to the company, and the (centrality that humans continue to have)/(central role that humans continue to play).

• Edinburgher

German/English bilingual
    The "centrality" version is horrible. The other one is better, but I think I would probably use "key" instead of "central".

marcbatco

Italian-Italy
    The "centrality" version is horrible. The other one is better, but I think I would probably use "key" instead of "central".
    Hi Edinburgher, and thank you for your advice. And, would you add an expression such as at the same time before the key role that humans continue to play.? Or, would it be better not to include it?

Last edited:

Edinburgher

German/English bilingual
    would you add an expression such as at the same time
    I don't know enough about your context, but what happens at the same time as what? It seems to apply to the highlighting. You can't generally highlight one thing at the same time as another, but if she is going to say that the role of humans is still important despite the major contribution of machines, then something other than "at the same time" will probably suffice. Perhaps simply "also".

marcbatco

Italian-Italy
    I don't know enough about your context, but what happens at the same time as what? It seems to apply to the highlighting. You can't generally highlight one thing at the same time as another, but if she is going to say that the role of humans is still important despite the major contribution of machines, then something other than "at the same time" will probably suffice. Perhaps simply "also".
    Thank you, Edinburgher. That is exactly what I meant.

< Previous | Next >