centre d'accueil des personnes impliquées

Discussion in 'French-English Vocabulary / Vocabulaire Français-Anglais' started by Kamarate, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Kamarate Member

English - England
    Bonjour tout le monde! Je fais une traduction médicale, et j'ai trouvé quelques phrases que je ne comprends pas. Je créerai un fil de discussion pour chacune. Alors, le texte s'agit des aspects psychologiques et psychiatriques dans la prise en charge des blessés.

La phrase c'est "Les soins sont dispensés également dans le centre d'accueil des <<personnes impliquées>>."

Est-ce que ce centre est quelquechose de mobil ou temporaire sur place? Je l'ai traduit comme " Care will also be provided in the care centre set up for “incident victims”."

Si vous pouviez m'aider je vous remercierais!!!

2. franc 91 Senior Member

France
    English - GB
    It's a bit vague and out of context, but it does mean those who are involved in some way in what's happened. We say for example - impliqué dans un accident, but of course there are other meanings.

3. carolineR

carolineR Senior Member

Indian Ocean
    France
    The (little) context you provide doesn't help to deem the centre in question mobile or temporary.
    "être impliqué dans un accident/ un meurtre/ un mouvement" means being involved in... i.e. being part of/ accessory to/ a member of...
    It is actually rather vague and I would choose a generic term such as the one you chose (care centre), but I would certainly not add "set up for incident victims" since it doesn't look truly indispensable, and incidents are generally less serious than accidents anyway.

4. Kamarate Member

English - England
    It refers to victims of a large-scale attack or accident. I get the impression that it's a centre set up on site to treat patients. Also, I chose "incident" because it is either an attack or an accident, and I couldn't think of a term to cover both of them. :-S

5. carolineR

carolineR Senior Member

Indian Ocean
    France
    in that case, you could use "des personnes impliquées dans l'événement" or simply "des personnes impliquées"

6. The Prof

The Prof Senior Member

If that is the case, maybe ´interim-care centre´?

And for the people, perhaps ´casualies´, victims´ or the more general ´those caught up in the incident´ (a bit long-winded, I know).

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  7. franc 91 Senior Member

France
    English - GB
    casualties

8. Kamarate Member

English - England
    'casualties' is good, but I'm trying to avoid too much repetition. I keep using 'casualties' and 'patients'. I don't like 'victims' for an accident, it always sounds to me a victim is someone who is suffering due to something that has been deliberately inflicted.

I also like adding 'interim' to the front of 'care centre'.

Thank you!

EDIT: I know I originally used 'victims', but I didn't like it when I used it! I went with an additional clause in the end.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  9. famdoz New Member

Australian in France
    hehe, I recognise the piece, Kamarate, and was doing a search for the same phrase!!!