centre d'accueil

Carole1981

France, French
Hello!Qq peut me dire en anglais "une structure d'accueil" ou "un centre d'accueil", qui aide, héberge, accompagne les enfants défavorisés et d'ailleurs, le mot accompagne, vous avez mieux que assist, attend, follow?MERCI!

• the.lotrium

Canada English
    Salut Carole1981,

On peut utiliser les expressions "community centre" ou "welcome centre". Le Bon Dieu dans la rue, un organisme de Montréal, préfère, "An organisation serving youth on the street". Aussi, ils traduisent "accompagner" à "accompany".

Si tu as le temps, visite le site danslarue.com. Il est en anglais et en français les deux, alors, tu peut y trouver les bonnes expressions.

wildan1

Moderando ma non troppo (French-English, CC Mod)
    If it is for adolescents and they just come after school, it would be a youth center

If they stay overnight, it could be a shelter (for emergencies) or hostel (if it is long-term)

PS I think the place in Montreal is poorly translating accompagner/accompagnement --English for this is guide, support or counsel/counseling depending on context.

Accompany in English is limited to the literal meaning of going side-by-side to a destination with someone.

Jezanojeza

French - France
    If it is for adolescents and they just come after school, it would be a youth center

If they stay overnight, it could be a shelter (for emergencies) or hostel (if it is long-term)

PS I think the place in Montreal is poorly translating accompagner/accompagnement --English for this is guide, support or counsel/counseling depending on context.

Accompany in English is limited to the literal meaning of going side-by-side to a destination with someone.
    I deeply agree with you

< Previous | Next >