1. Carole1981 Senior Member

    France, French
    Hello!Qq peut me dire en anglais "une structure d'accueil" ou "un centre d'accueil", qui aide, héberge, accompagne les enfants défavorisés et d'ailleurs, le mot accompagne, vous avez mieux que assist, attend, follow?MERCI!
  2. the.lotrium

    the.lotrium Member

    Canada English
    Salut Carole1981,

    On peut utiliser les expressions "community centre" ou "welcome centre". Le Bon Dieu dans la rue, un organisme de Montréal, préfère, "An organisation serving youth on the street". Aussi, ils traduisent "accompagner" à "accompany".

    Si tu as le temps, visite le site danslarue.com. Il est en anglais et en français les deux, alors, tu peut y trouver les bonnes expressions.
  3. Carole1981 Senior Member

    France, French
    Très bonne idée, merci beaucoup!
  4. Telemarker Senior Member

    Hi, I'd have thought you could probably use 'hostel' in BE too in place of centre.
  5. nannis2001 Senior Member

    Arabic - French - English
    what about shelter?
  6. wildan1

    wildan1 Moderando ma non troppo (French-English, CC Mod)

    If it is for adolescents and they just come after school, it would be a youth center

    If they stay overnight, it could be a shelter (for emergencies) or hostel (if it is long-term)

    PS I think the place in Montreal is poorly translating accompagner/accompagnement --English for this is guide, support or counsel/counseling depending on context.

    Accompany in English is limited to the literal meaning of going side-by-side to a destination with someone.
  7. Jezanojeza New Member

    Lille, France
    French - France
    I deeply agree with you

Share This Page