Ceramic Slit

< Previous | Next >

Dmitry87

Russian - The Russian Federation
Hello, dear friends!
The question I'd like to ask is for those who are familiar with materials science or deal with chemistry in any way or know smth. about semiconductor production.

Any suggestion what the Ceramic Slit is?
It's from the booklet about fine ceramics. The context:

Ceramic Slit is a core component of inspection equipment that is to test the chip on the wafer after all process of semiconductor or LCD.
- Critical area is machined minutely by fully automated dicing saw as it can fit to the test unit after forming and maximized flexural strength and compression strength Zirconia is used for its material
- Minute process area is decided by a proper process tool like as a sawing blade according to a standard of needle tip and blade tip that is to be connected. Slit is arrayed equally on the X-axis as ups and downs can pass through with the same depth on the flat by dicing saw that has a tolerance of less than 0.0005mm.

Features
• Available for fine pitch and variable pitch
• Efficient maintenance for unexpected
• Maximize the efficiency when the probe is contacted through high precision process technology
• High mechanical & breaking strength

Application
• LCD Panel tester part
• Semiconductor chip tester part
• Part for the test socket of the electronic part
• Jig for lead frame

I know it's highly specialized text, but maybe I'll happen to meet somebody here who could explain the term Ceramic Slit.

Dictionaries and Google are of no use ((

The hope is slender, so any help is appreciable!

Last edited:
  • Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    "Ceramic Slit is a core component of inspection equipment that is to test the chip on the wafer after all process of semiconductor or LCD."

This sentence doesn't stand up. It could be read as intending to mean:

A Ceramic Slit is the name given to an essential component of the inspection equipment. Its purpose is is to test the chip on the wafer after all process(es?) of semiconductor or LCD (have been completed?).

Using more normal words from more familiar constructions, one might call this a Ceramic Slitter (compare log splitter, paper cutter...). Exactly what it is isn't explained, but the following paragraph explains what it does.

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    I have spoken with a scientist! He suggests that the Ceramic Slit is a precisely machined piece of ceramic that is used to measure the width of the channels that are cut in wafers. He does not know the correct name - in engineering terms would be known as a "feeler gauge".

Dmitry87

Russian - The Russian Federation
    I have spoken with a scientist! He suggests that the Ceramic Slit is a precisely machined piece of ceramic that is used to measure the width of the channels that are cut in wafers. He does not know the correct name - in engineering terms would be known as a "feeler gauge".
    PaulQ, thank you very much! Extremely helpful! I've almost catch the meaning of the term.
    I thought first that they'd ment "slot", not "slit"
    There's a picture from the booklet (couldn't post it before)

Attachments

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >