Cereal too much time in milk

LoganLockwood

Español
Hi, guys.

I was wondering if there is a word to name the state of a cereal that has been too much time in milk.
Is the same word for AmE and BrE?

Thx.

EDIT: by the way, is it "in" or "under" milk?

• LoganLockwood

Español
    I think we call them soggy or mushy if they get that way in milk even before you can finish a bowl of them/it.
    Oh! So it's a property of the cereal.

I was looking for the word to fit this context: "Jimmy, breakfast is waiting for you. Come here before your cereal gets _____".

Copyright

American English
    Oh! So it's a property of the cereal.

I was looking for the word to fit this context: "Jimmy, breakfast is waiting for you. Come here before your cereal gets _____".
    I would use soggy ... but I would also have a serious word with Mom as to why she was putting milk on my cereal before I was at the table.

LoganLockwood

Español
    Hahahahahahahahaha. xD

And the last one: When the cereal has been there for, let's say, 2 hours, and it's all made an almost homogeneous thing. Now the cereal is ____?

GreenWhiteBlue

USA - English
    I would say that if you cereals has been sitting uneaten for two hours, it has probably turned to mush. Note, by the way, that in addition to being a generic term, "mush" is also the specific name of a particular type of cereal made from cornmeal.

Learner212

Arabic - English
    I was wondering if there is a word to name the state of a cereal that has been too much time in milk.
    Hi Logan,

I just wanted to correct something in your sentence above. I don't think that "has been too much time in milk" is correct. It would have been better to say "that has been in milk for a long time".

So if I were you I would say something like this "I was wondering if there is a word that describes the state of cereal that has been in milk for a long time".

Hope this helps :)

< Previous | Next >