Certified Notification of Business Start Up

< Previous | Next >

Jamila0309

Italian
Hello everybody,

in Italian there is an acronym for Certified Notification of Bussiness Start-Up <-----Italian phrase removed by moderator (Florentia52)---->

Does anybody know if there is an acronym also in English?

Thanks in advance.

• Barque

Banned
    Tamil
    I think you mean that in Italy, there's an acronym/abbreviation like that. It's in Italian because that's the country's principal language.

We have a similar certificate in India which is usually issued in English and has an English name. Other countries which use English also probably have equivalents.

It's not language-specific. It's country-specific.

Jamila0309

Italian
    A part of my message was deleted (it was in Italian sorry).
    I simply would like to know if there is an acronym for "Certified Notification of Business Start Up".
    Thank you.

Barque

Banned
    Tamil
    Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

Every country has its own terminology for such things. Italy calls it a Certified Notification of Business Start-up. England probably has a different term. New Zealand probably uses something else. I doubt there is a single specific English name for such a document that's used throughout the English speaking world.

Egmont

English - U.S.
    I agree with Barque. Since there is nothing called "Certified Notification of Business Start-Up" in the U.S., there is no acronym for it. We have other documents that probably serve the same purpose. (It's impossible to list them, since every state and municipality has its own regulations for this sort of thing.) Those documents may have acronyms, if their names are long enough that people want to use a shorter term for them.

Jamila0309

Italian
    Perhaps I wasn't clear enough too.
    Certified Notification of Business Start Up is used in England and not in Italy; in Italy, of course, we have another acronym appropriate for the Italian 4 words standing for the English "Certified Notification of Business Start Up".
    That's why I was asking if there is an acronym in English.

Barque

Banned
    Tamil
    In that case, your question actually is: Is there an acronym/abbreviation used in England to refer to the document titled "Certified Notification of Business Start-up"?

Perhaps someone from England will answer your question.

Egmont

English - U.S.
    You seem to have asked the same question in a translation forum, here. In that forum you describe the term "Certified Notification of Business Start-Up" as a translation of an Italian phrase. Where did you hear that this term is used in England? I was not able to find any documentation of that.

Jamila0309

Italian

Barque

Banned
    Tamil
    That site is in Italian, which many of the people posting on this forum will be unable to read. And in any case it only seems to refer to the Italian term.

Egmont was asking you your reason for saying that the term Certified Notification of Business Start-up is used in England.

Egmont

English - U.S.
    Thanks, Barque. You understood my post correctly.

Most places in the U.S. issue a document called a building permit that allows someone to start construction. It could be called a "BP," but it generally isn't because the entire name is fairly short. A building permit does not confirm that construction has begun, though. It only allows that. (A building permit may expire after a certain time, typically several months to a few years, if construction has not begun by then. This varies from one location to another.)

Barque

Banned
    Tamil
    Maybe "Certified notice/notification of commencement of construction works" is more appropriate
    Well, which? "Commencement of construction" and "business start-up" are two completely different terms.

It looks like you have provided us a translation of a term used in Italy and you want to know if there's an acronym for it.

The point I'm making is that this document is likely to be called different names in different countries and it could vary even among English speaking countries. If there's an acronym in Italian for it, that doesn't mean there has to be an English acronym too.

Perhaps you're influenced by the fact that companies in most countries have an abbreviation after the name, like the term "Limited" for instance. But even that isn't the same everywhere.

Jamila0309

Italian
    Thank you for all your kind replies.
    We also have the Building Permit (BP), or the Planning Permission, or the Notice of Commencement, the Certified Notice of Commencement, the Notice of Works Completion and so on......:)
    Unlucky, Italy is very bureacratic country :( we have so many documents that, in almost all the cases, do not have any correspondence in any country of the world.
    Thanks!

< Previous | Next >