certify me

< Previous | Next >

dn88

Polish
Hi everyone;

I would like to ask about the meaning of "certify" in the following part of a song:

And you faded there
They pretend to care
Vultures waiting
If you don't like me, certify me

I've looked it up HERE and 5 seems to be the meaning that fits best in the given context... But then it's labeled as Archaic which leaves me puzzled again. Or could it be 4? :confused:

You can view the full lyrics HERE.

Thanks in advance.

• Gwan

New Zealand, English
    I think it's likely to be the meaning #4 in the definitions you linked to " To declare to be in need of psychiatric treatment or confinement". That's more or less a guess though. Song lyrics are notorious for being difficult to interpret (and sometimes, they just plain don't make much sense in any case).

Just for future reference, it would be more helpful if you could give an idea of the content of sites you link to - particularly when you talk about "5" and "4". This is because in the future, the link may be broken, and also because other members may not want to click on bare links for whatever reason.

Packard

USA, English
    I think it's likely to be the meaning #4 in the definitions you linked to " To declare to be in need of psychiatric treatment or confinement". That's more or less a guess though. Song lyrics are notorious for being difficult to interpret (and sometimes, they just plain don't make much sense in any case).

Just for future reference, it would be more helpful if you could give an idea of the content of sites you link to - particularly when you talk about "5" and "4". This is because in the future, the link may be broken, and also because other members may not want to click on bare links for whatever reason.
    That is only because you responded before I had a chance to finish my post.

< Previous | Next >