Cessione credito

< Previous | Next >

Necsus

Italian (Italy)
Hello everybody!
Come si può dire in inglese "cessione di/cedere un credito a una società di recupero (crediti)"?
Thanks a lot!

• Lazzini

In the UK we have debt collection agencies - they buy your debt at a discount and then take responsibility for collection. I think this phrase must refer to the handing over of a debt to a collection agency.

Necsus

Italian (Italy)
    Lazzini said:
    In the UK we have debt collection agencies - they buy your debt at a discount and then take responsibility for collection. I think this phrase must refer to the handing over of a debt to a collection agency.
    Yes, thanks. So the expression you use in this case is 'to hand over a debt (or credit?)'?

ElaineG

USA/English
    Or "turn over". When a collection agency leaves you a nasty message (yes, it happened to me in my student days), they often say: "If you don't make a payment by X, your account will be turned over to a collection agency."

Credit Base International

Banned
    English-USA
    Since I work for a credit management company in Italy, I can confirm that the word cessione translated from Italian to English is tranferred credit. Hope this helps all.

elie83

USA- English
    Hey could someone please help me translate "cessione di credito"?
    Would you call it a "transfer of credit"?
    Thanks!

europefranc

Italian
    Hello everyone,

I have a doubt. About "societa' recupero credito" I found also "credit clawback society"? Also, in the CV I am translating, they mention "societa' per la salvaguardia e recupero del credito". Can I still use "credit management society"?

Could anyone tell me the difference, please?

Thank you very much

europefranc

Teerex51

Italian
    ...it seems like it might be "assignment of receivables".
    Just bumped into a "cessione di credito" paragraph in a contract I'm translating into English.

I've gone for both "Assignment of accounts receivable" and "assignment of/assigning receivables" throughout the provisions of that paragraph.

:warning: Just for the record, Google will return many hits for credit transfer or transfer of credits, but that's just a red herring, as it refers to student credits in the education field.

< Previous | Next >