C'est en ballon que la fête se déroule

Bint Mu'mineen

English - Canada
Sorry thats "en ballon"

I cannot wrap my head around how to get this out in english.

So far I've got

The party starts with balloons

It's with balloons that the party starts/unfolds.

HELP!!

Last edited:
  • Already-Seen

US
    French - France
    My suggestion:
    The party is taking place in a hot air balloon / hot air balloons. (Depending on the number of hot air balloons involved.)

Bint Mu'mineen

English - Canada
    The sentence does mention hot air balloons later on but I don't think that this part is supposed to be mentioning hot air balloons right away since the word "montgolfière" is later on in the sentence.

Already-Seen

US
    French - France
    The sentence does mention hot air balloons later on but I don't think that this part is supposed to be mentioning hot air balloons right away since the word "montgolfière" is later on in the sentence.
    Well, what else were you planning to call it? I guess you could use "balloon" on its own...

Last edited:

Bint Mu'mineen

English - Canada
    The full sentence is (i'n not putting accents)

c'est en ballon que la fete se deroule avec le Festival des montgolfieres.

So you see how using hot air balloons twice might not sound the best translated.

Already-Seen

US
    French - France
    The full sentence is (i'n not putting accents)

c'est en ballon que la fete se deroule avec le Festival des montgolfieres.

So you see how using hot air balloons twice might not sound the best translated.
    yeah... and so you see how giving proper context and/or a full sentence might have saved some time.... ;)
    I'm too tired to help now...

ETA: and Welcome!! :)

Bint Mu'mineen

English - Canada
    I guess I'll go with

The party unfolds with balloons at the Hot air Balloon festival.

Or better yet The party inflates at the Hot air Balloon festival I don't know. I may just have to swerve away from the source text some.

fdemers

Français (Québec)
    Does the Festival de Montgolfières have an official english-language name ? If it doesn't, if you have to call it Festival des Montgolfières even in english, then i suppose it's not much of a problem to use "hot air balloons" because there isn't any repetition.

< Previous | Next >