Chairman authorized signatory (with one other) ?

DanielChina

Chinese
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:

- XXX (name)
Chairman authorized signatory (with one other), since 1997

- XXX
Member authorized signatory (with one other), since 1997

- XXX
Member authorized signatory (with one other), since 2008

- XXX

what's the difference between "Chairman authorized signatory" and "Member authorized signatory" ?

I do appreciate your help, thanks a lot.

Last edited:
  • bibliolept

AE, Español
    So "Chairman authorized signatory (with one another)" is the complete text? There is absolutely nothing else that you can tell us, such as when the "document" was written, whether it was originally written in English or whether it is a translation, etc.?

DanielChina

Chinese
    Thank you Bibliolept. I abridged the original document and tried to provide more context. The document was newly written. It was originally written in English, probably by a Swiss.

b1947420

British English
    What is the meaning of this sentence? Does it mean that this person is authorized by the chairman to sign on key documents with another person? that means 2 person has the signature authority in the company? or it has other meanings.

No more context can be provided. I will appreciate your help. Thanks.
    Without further context, it suggests to me that there are two people authorised to sign, the chairman plus one other.

Now with further context I can add "and other members of the Board plus one other"

So in summary we have:-
    The Chairman plus one other, or another Board member plus one other.

Last edited:

DanielChina

Chinese
    BOARD OF DIRECTORS:

- XXX (name)
    Chairman authorized signatory (with one other), since 1997

- XXX
    Member authorized signatory (with one other), since 1997

- XXX

- XXX

Thanks a lot.

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    It means in each case that this person is authorised to be one of two signatories for the company.
    It appears that the rules of this company require two signatures on formal documents. None of these people is authorised as a sole signatory for the company.

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    I merged these threads. Though Daniel's carefully-written posts made clear that he was asking about two distinct topics, the responses to the first inevitably addressed the second :)

Assuming that the original was written with care, any two signatures from that list of people is sufficient authority. It is not necessary that it be the chairman and one other.

< Previous | Next >