change "He has the January issue of AMC" to a question

lokasseyve

Mandarin
Hi,
He has the January issue of AMC.(a language magazine published monthly)

How can I change this sentence to a question?
Possible answers that I can think of:
1. Which issue does he have for AMC?
2. Which month does he have for AMC?

Thank you so much.

• london calling

UK English
    Which issue of AMC does he have?
    He has the January issue of AMC.

Edit. No EMP, that isn't correct. The answer to your question would be: "Yes, he does./Yes, he has the January issue".

Englishmypassion

India - Hindi
    Oh, I was just changing the sentence into the interrogative. I misread the question and didn't realize the given statement was the answer to the question to be formed. Sorry.

ain'ttranslationfun?

US English
    Other possible questions:
    A) "Does he have any issues of AMC?" ( Answer: "Yes, he has the January issue.")
    B) "Does he have any issues of language magazines?" - (Answer: "Yes, he has the January issue of AMC.")
    c) "For what magazines does he have the January issue?" (Answer: Just "AMC." would do.)
    I'd rephrase 2) in the OP as "For what month does he have an issue/For what months does he have issues of AMC?" (Answer: Just "January.")
    Note that it's "of", not "for".
    And for the answers to the questions, I agree with lc's comment on Emp's first post, which lok said was what he wanted to know, but for lok's answer "He has he January issue of AMC.", I see no need to add "...of AMC."
    I'd also change the word order of the questions in the OP, for what it's worth: "Which issue/month(s) of AMC does he have?"

RM1(SS)

English - US (Midwest)
    Statement: He has the January issue of AMC.
    Question: Does he have the January issue of AMC.

The other questions are not arrived at by changing the given statement to a question, as the OP asked. Rather, they provide questions that would yield the given statement as an answer.

< Previous | Next >