change (musical) instrument


Senior Member
Spanish Argentina
Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a phrase to express the following:
I started playing the guitar at school but didn't like it so "I changed my instrument" and now I play the piano.

The combination "change my instrument" doesn't sound OK to me. How could I word it differently, for example, "I turned to piano"?

Thanks in advance:)
  • entangledbank

    Senior Member
    English - South-East England
    'I changed my instrument' could mean you didn't like the sound of that guitar so you got a new guitar. But 'I changed instrument' has the meaning you want.
    < Previous | Next >