Chapter 5 and after/afterwards

verastar

Mandarin Chinese
Hi, if I want to say that Chapter 5 all the chapters after Chapter 5 have been proofread, should I say:
1. Chapter 5 and after have been proofread.
2. Chapter 5 and afterwards have been proofread.
3. Neither of the above is correct. Chapter 5 and ______ have been proofread.

Similarly, If I want to say Chapter 5 and all the chapters before chapter 5 have been proofread, should I say "Chater 5 and before have been proofread" or something else?

Thanks!

• Copyright

American English
    It sounds a little awkward to me, but it took me a while to even think up how to say it with your construction. If I had done the proofreading myself, I would have said, "I've proofread the book from chapter 5 to the end." Or "... from chapter 5 onwards."

If someone else proofread it, I might say, "The book/paper/document/manuscript has been proofread from chapter 5 to the end."

verastar

Mandarin Chinese
    It sounds a little awkward to me, but it took me a while to even think up how to say it with your construction. If I had done the proofreading myself, I would have said, "I've proofread the book from chapter 5 to the end." Or "... from chapter 5 onwards."

If someone else proofread it, I might say, "The book/paper/document/manuscript has been proofread from chapter 5 to the end."
    Hmm... I see...
    Thanks!

< Previous | Next >