Chapter is formed by

apoziopeza

slovak
Hi,

Please advise,

In the underlined part, would you use "is formed by", "constitutes" or "relies on"?

Thanks,

A.

Chapter 3 (Results and Discussion) is formed by the analysis of the questionnaire, in which secondary school teachers are asked about the respective strategies mentioned in my theorical framework

• twenty6

English - U.S., Chinese - Mandarin
    There is no underlined part....

But "formed by" is not necessarily a synonym for "relies on", since "relies on" means that thing A needs thing B to survive/exist (and thing B is not necessarily a part of thing A, i.e. you need food to survive, but food isn't a part of your body or anything), while "formed by" means that thing B is part of thing A (i.e. a brick that makes up a house).

apoziopeza

slovak
    There is no underlined part....

But "formed by" is not necessarily a synonym for "relies on", since "relies on" means that thing A needs thing B to survive/exist (and thing B is not necessarily a part of thing A, i.e. you need food to survive, but food isn't a part of your body or anything), while "formed by" means that thing B is part of thing A (i.e. a brick that makes up a hou
    Thanks. I understand that the meanings are not equal. Which of these sound more natural for a thesis?