chapter/unit runs/is/ranges from page 1 to page 12?

Camlearner

Khmer
Hi

Can we in Eglish say: chapter/unit run from page 1 to page 12? or simple way: chapter/unit is from page 1 to page 12? or chapter/unit range from page 1 to page 12?

Thanks

• Copyright

American English
    We need context, especially with chapter/unit ... chapters and units are two different things in my experience. Is this a book or printed material?

Camlearner

Khmer
    Hi Copyright. It is a printed material. I just want to know the partner verbs that should use with partner noun chapter/unit.

For example, we say we are interested in not at.. so in is a partner preposition of the word interested.

Copyright

American English
    Hi Copyright. It is a printed material. I just want to know the partner verbs that should use with partner noun chapter/unit.
    You might want to be careful of "partner" words (see below).

For example, we say we are interested in not at.. so in is a partner preposition of the word interested.[/QUOTE]

Are you interested in going to the movies?
    I was interested at 8pm, but it's midnight now ... so, no.

Chapter one goes from page 1 to page 12.
    Chapter one runs from page 1 to 12.

I don't know what to do with "unit."

Camlearner

Khmer
    Are you interested in going to the movies?
    I was interested at 8pm, but it's midnight now ... so, no.
    I mean my teacher say we can not say I am interested at going to the movies. But yes we can say I am interested in going to the movies at 8 pm.

So I notice that if we use go, we use page1 to page12
    if we use run, we only use the word page 1 time only.

Thank you Copyright.

I think unit, chapter and lesson, etc. should be similar so why not we can't say they all goes from page 1 to page 12 or runs from page 1 to 12. ?

Copyright

American English
    All correct -- just variations:

Chapter one goes from page 1 to 12.
    Chapter one runs from page 1 to page 12.

I can't comment on "unit" because I'm not familiar with the term for printed material. If it makes sense to you in the same way that chapter or lesson does, then it can be used in the same way.

< Previous | Next >