che in assoluto reputo

mwebster

Senior Member
United States/English
Can someone help me with the following? Is my translation in blue correct? I was having trouble with the pink portion.

La prima foto è stata scattata in quello che in assoluto reputo il più bello dei giardini:

The first picture was taken in what I consider absolutely the most beautiful of gardens:

Thanks
Mark
 
  • Jana337

    Senior Member
    čeština
    mwebster said:

    La prima foto è stata scattata in quello che in assoluto reputo il più bello dei giardini:
    Is this sentence correct? I miss "è" somewhere in the second part of it.

    Jana
     

    mwebster

    Senior Member
    United States/English
    Hi Jana
    Below is the exact original sentence. If an additional "è" needed to be there it was missed. Would it be more corrrect with one? Where would you insert it?
    Thanks
    Mark

    La prima foto (1264) è stata scattata in quello che in assoluto reputo il più bello dei giardini: Villa S. Remigio.

     

    Jana337

    Senior Member
    čeština
    mwebster said:
    Hi Jana
    Below is the exact original sentence. If an additional "è" needed to be there it was missed. Would it be more corrrect with one? Where would you insert it?
    Thanks
    Mark

    La prima foto (1264) è stata scattata in quello che here in assoluto reputo or here il più bello dei giardini: Villa S. Remigio.

    But Elisa didn't comment on it, which puzzles me. I am looking forward to opinions by natives.

    Jana
     

    Elisa68

    Senior Member
    Italian
    Jana337 said:
    But Elisa didn't comment on it, which puzzles me. I am looking forward to opinions by natives.

    Jana
    You do not need an e' there because you should read it: che (io) reputo (essere) in assoluto. Here the verb to be is implied. :)
     

    Jana337

    Senior Member
    čeština
    Elisa68 said:
    You do not need an e' there because you should read it: che (io) reputo (essere) in assoluto. Here the verb to be is implied. :)
    :eek: Ho appena scoperto che "reputo" è un verbo... Succede, no? :)
    Grazie della spiegazione.

    Jana
     
    Top