Che tempo schifoso!

Tellure

Italian
Se volessi dire "Che tempo schifoso!"? Piove, il cielo è plumbeo, ecc. "What an awful weather!". Esiste un altro modo per dirlo? Qualcosa di più forte? Grazie.

Edit: Vorrei evitare di essere volgare, però. 😊

• I'm surprised no one suggested "What funny weather!" for the OP in 2007 or "What a funny choice!" in May 2010.

Alas, no Italian believes me when I say that "funny" doesn't always mean amusing but can also mean strange! The dubbers usually translate it as "buffo" even where the situation is deadly serious.

However, to me "funny weather" doesn't necessarily mean bad weather, just unusual. I agree with the other suggestions.

I would most likely expect "The weather sucks!" or "This weather sucks!" (slightly different but perhaps closer to the Italian exclamatory sentence)

One could of course also say "What *** weather!" with an ample choice of adjectives that we use when we don't like the weather : crappy, nasty, horrible etc.

Quante utili opzioni! Thanks everyone! I'm gonna used them all! 😁👍🏻
    Senza articolo! 😅

Edit:
    I hate crappy weather, se non ve ne eravate accorti! 🤪

Last edited:
    I would most likely expect "The weather sucks!" or "This weather sucks!" (slightly different but perhaps closer to the Italian exclamatory sentence)

One could of course also say "What *** weather!" with an ample choice of adjectives that we use when we don't like the weather : crappy, nasty, horrible etc.
    Agree, I' d write What sh...y weather ! (What lousy weather !)

Back