checking beforehand

Masis

Bulgarian
The coastal region is still rather sensitive, being virtually all that remains of Russia's Baltic coast. Nevertheless, with sufficient checking beforhand, Koporyc can be reached from St. Petersburg or Sosnovyy Bor.

Hello. Please help me with this words checking beforhand. I think that this means previously or prelimentary control or examination. Am I right? Obviously this region is some kind of restricted area. Koporic is a castle locating in this region of Baltic coast. Thanks a lot.

• muushi

English
    i do not understand fully understand what the sentence is trying to say, where is the sentence being used...for a leaflet, magazine?

i would perhaps say:

The coastal region is still rather fragile, being virtually all that remains of Russia's Baltic coast. Nevertheless, with carefull organisation beforehand/ with careful inpection of the conditions, Koporyc can be reached from St. Petersburf or Sosnovvy Bor.

Masis

Bulgarian
    Thanks. I think that the word sensitive hear means secret. Therefore maybe it is too hard for one to reach this region. And he must pass through many chek points. But I am not quite sure.

muushi

English
    i understand now, your original sentence would make sense provided it is amidst the correct context,

I think it would increase the coherency if you were to change the word sensitive, perhaps to something that indicates the security around the area. The area takes precautions to/ is still secure. Although as i said, the sentence makes sense when amidst other context.

Masis

Bulgarian
    Thanks. I change my mind. You are right. This region is something like nevralgic point. There are tensions between russians and native people. So one must first check the conditions in order to arrive there without obstacles. Again this sentense convince me how sophisticated and complex is the English language. In mine native language we can understand what means even one single word, without any doubt. I don not know which one is the better.

< Previous | Next >