Checkup vs physical examination

Andrew1980

h,

i am a little bit confused by the note at the botton of medical examination certificate as it says:

Physicians should implement detailed checkups on physical examinations of all systems and parts according to employee’s actual conditions.

I thought that checkup and physical examination are synonyms? is it ok to write this way as the certificate has been issued by Taiwan authority

• Enquiring Mind

English - the Queen's
    Hi Andrew1980. It's nonsense in English, very poorly written. A check-up will usually include some kind of basic physical examination. A physical examination may be more thorough. But this sentence is rubbish. The human body is not referred to in this kind of context as having "systems and parts", and you can't "implement a check-up on a physical examination".

Andrew1980

Hi Andrew1980. It's nonsense in English, very poorly written. A check-up will usually include some kind of basic physical examination. A physical examination may be more thorough. But this sentence is rubbish. The human body is not referred to in this kind of context as having "systems and parts", and you can't "implement a check-up on a physical examination".
    Thanks very much, Enquiring Mind:)

Andygc

British English
    Although I agree that this is very badly written, I must point out that the human body is referred to in the context of a medical examination as having "systems". A detailed examination report would be systematic: nervous system, cardiovascular system, respiratory system, musculoskeletal system, etc.

Andrew1980

Although I agree that this is very badly written, I must point out that the human body is referred to in the context of a medical examination as having "systems". A detailed examination report would be systematic: nervous system, cardiovascular system, respiratory system, musculoskeletal system, etc.
    OK, thank you, I understand

< Previous | Next >