chicken and waffle slider

< Previous | Next >
  • owlman5

English-US
    That should refer to a little sandwich made by wrapping a piece of chicken in a waffle, Lee Jongho.

Please remember to provide some context for questions about phrases and sentences. Thank you.

Ponyprof

Canadian English
    A slider is a mini hamburger. This one is chicken wrapped in an awful waffle, I assume.

JulianStuart

English (UK then US)
    I've seen slider used to describe various things (besides small hamburgers) in mini-hamburger buns. Merriam Webster has
    slider : a very small meat sandwich typically served on a bun, especially : a small hamburger
    Google finds this when searching "chicken and waffle slider" images. The name seems to have been focused on "very small meat sandwich"
    74B17D16-99F5-4542-A3B5-1D6B7423DF59.jpeg

kentix

English - U.S.
    Of course, once the term "slider" became trendy, you can expect savvy restaurant owners to try to take advantage of that by applying the name to somewhat similar items. I believe that's what's going on here. It's jumping on the bandwagon.

Roxxxannne

English (northeastern US)
    Of course, once the term "slider" became trendy, you can expect savvy restaurant owners to try to take advantage of that by applying the name to somewhat similar items. I believe that's what's going on here. It's jumping on the bandwagon.
    Given that it is a trend referring to sliders, I would suggest 'jumping on the toboggan.'

JulianStuart

English (UK then US)
    The dictionary entry appears to be up to date, with qualifiers like "typically served on a bun, especially : a small hamburger"

< Previous | Next >