child friendly

Muntsa

Catalan & Spanish
Hi! Is there any equivalent word or expression in French to 'child friendly'?

'Child friendly' is used when a house/apartment/hotel accepts children! (Yes, there are hotels where children are not accepted :eek:).

A synonim in English would be 'children are welcome', but I haven't found any equivalent in my French dictionary.

Thanks!

• machigma

France-French
    If you want to give a friendly impression, you could say: "Les enfants sont les bienvenus" (i.e. children are welcome). In some places, you can read: "Chiens acceptés", but for children, that will sound horrible!

Conchita57

Spanish - Spain/French - Switzerland
    Something along the lines of:

Idéal pour les familles avec enfants

would sound very welcoming. It would have to be really child-friendly, though.

Muntsa

Catalan & Spanish
    :D ok, I'll go for 'Les enfants sont les bienvenus' then.
    But if I want to use this sense in an adjective, eg: child friendly villa... any suggestion?

Thank you so much machigma&conchita57! Merci!

machigma

France-French
    Do you mean that your villa has certain items/accommodations specially intended or adapted for children?

machigma

France-French
    In that case, you could say: "environnement (ou habitation) adapté(e) aux enfants". Hope that helps.

machigma

France-French
    Ok, then you could say "les enfants sont les bienvenus" or, more simply, "enfants bienvenus".

Micia93

France French
    :D ok, I'll go for 'Les enfants sont les bienvenus' then.
    But if I want to use this sense in an adjective, eg: child friendly villa... any suggestion?

Thank you so much machigma&conchita57! Merci!

Hello Muntsa :)
    I tried to find out a specific adjective like in english, but it doesn't appear to exist in french ; "villa accueillant les enfants" would sound horrible, and you have to turn it in another way if you really want to be friendly
    yes "les enfants sont les bienvenus" is the best translation

PetiteDanone

Canada, French/Français
    Bonjour!

I just had another question to ask regarding "child-friendly" being used as an adjective.

i need to translate the following:

"The child-friendly way to build student participation"

Would it be:

Montez la partcipation des élèves de façon adaptée aux enfants?

Help please!

Mayette

french
    Bonjour!

I just had another question to ask regarding "child-friendly" being used as an adjective.

i need to translate the following:

"The child-friendly way to build student participation"

Would it be:

Montez la partcipation des élèves de façon adaptée aux enfants?

Help please!
    I don't know what you mean with ""The child-friendly way to build student participation" Please can you explain?

PetiteDanone

Canada, French/Français
    It's a microphone for students so that when they do presentations in the classroom they can use the small microphone to speak into so that they can be clearly heard by their classmates. It was designed specifically for elementary school children.

"The child-friendly way to build student participation" is the title of a document introducing this new product...

I hope this clears things up!

quidestveritas?

English - Ireland
    I am trying to translate the phrase 'child-friendly school' - here in Rwanda there is a new programme funded by UNICEF to build and develop 'child-friendly schools'. Looking at the above examples, 'un école adapté aux élèves' seems to work best but I was wondering if anyone had a better suggestion?

< Previous | Next >