chitin that has been cooked or roasted

< Previous | Next >

Tipsy

France - Français
Hi to all,

I've a question about the meaning of the following sentence :

"Archaelogical arthropod remains may include chitin that has been cooked or roasted".

Les restes archéologiques d'arthropodes [ce sont les insectes et crustacées] peuvent inclure de la chitine [une sorte de sucre qui constitu la carapace des arthropodes] qui a été grillé et cuisiné (chauffé).

As you can see, I know what it means literally, but I don't know if "roasted and cooked" could have a second translation because like that, it doesn't make sense in a scientific point of view in the context, but I may be wrong anyway.
In french, we can say "c'est cramé" as "c'est foutu" without the sense of warming ; could be the same in english ?

I'm really sorry if I'm not clear but I've 2 problems mixed together : scientific and english...
Thanks

• Kelly B

USA English
    I think it is literal, yes. I suppose the scientists can use the exoskeletons of arthropods that have been cooked and eaten by people, as well as those that died of other causes.

JeanDeSponde

France, Français
    Le texte dit cooked or roasted, et non cooked and roasted.
    Un insecte peut être cusiné volontairement, ou grillé involontairement en s'approchant trop près du feu, non ?

< Previous | Next >