Chiudersi in se stessi

Akane Hosaki

Italian
Haloa!

Vorrei usare "chiudersi" in senso figurativo, quando una persona rifiuta contatti col mondo esterno. C'è un espressione in inglese con i verbi shut o close che renda l'idea? Sono aperta anche ad alternative comunque :D

Grazie in anticipo!

• marcolettici

English U.S.
    Also "shut down," or "close down," assuming that the context will deliver the meaning of becoming introverted. I like CPA's "withdraw (into oneself)." If you post the sentence(s) it would be easier to fine tune the right feeling.

cecil

American English
    Haloa!

Vorrei usare "chiudersi" in senso figurativo, quando una persona rifiuta contatti col mondo esterno. C'è un espressione in inglese con i verbi shut o close che renda l'idea? Sono aperta anche ad alternative comunque :D

Grazie in anticipo!

In AE we "go incommunicado" for a bit of peace and quite, but that's quite different from "to shut oneself off" in the (probably) pathological sense.

You little ripper!

Australian English
    Buongiorno, si può usare anche "turn in on oneself"?
    It appears you can, but it's not something I'm used to hearing. 🙂

turn in on oneself

1. To become more insular and detached from outside people or influences; to cut oneself off from others.

He has really turned in on himself lately.
    He doesn't want to leave the house or interact with other people at all anymore.
    I turned in on myself to deal with my grief, suffering in self-imposed isolation.
    The island nation turned in on itself during this period, severing contact with the outside world.