Don't you give me your love,
Don't you give me your,
Ch'mon,
Ch'mon,
Where is your love?
Don't you give me your love?
Don't you give me your.

the rest of the song is here

I'm very curious about it, since it's the first time that I find this expression... I guess it has nothing to do with "c'mon"... :eek:

Thanks a lot to everyone

Laura :D

• cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Hola Laura,
    It was a common 'filler' sound for songs in the 1960s.
    It really doesn't mean anything at all. In that sense, it's a lot like many mod comments. Ch'mon, Ch'mon, Ch'mon, yaddada
    dadada
    deedeedee
    dododo
    doooom!

My best guess is that it's a brand of toilet paper, as in "Please don't squeeze the ch'mon":eek:

Other than that, I don't have the slightest clue. Maybe a contraction of "chime on"? So I simply sent an email to SISTERS@SCISSORSISTERS.NET , but I can't guarantee any response. As for their song, Comfortably Numb, it sounds vaguely familiar, but I don't seem to be able to place it....

Idioteque

Italy - Italian
    Earthbound Misfit said:
    My best guess is that it's a brand of toilet paper, as in "Please don't squeeze the ch'mon":eek:

Other than that, I don't have the slightest clue. Maybe a contraction of "chime on"? So I simply sent an email to SISTERS@SCISSORSISTERS.NET , but I can't guarantee any response. As for their song, Comfortably Numb, it sounds vaguely familiar, but I don't seem to be able to place it....
    Well, I was quite curious about this word since they pronounce that "ch" as "sh"... :)
    I'm glad I've found a weird word again! :p
    About "comfortably Numb", it's a remix of the very famous masterpiece of the Pink Floyd... ;)

panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    It doesn't seem to work at all as a version of come on, c'mon.
    My innocent mind does not include any reference point for ch'mon or sh'mon.

Moogey

USA English
    I've never heard of "ch'mon". There's still a possibility of a mispelling, meaning "c'mon" though, right? Well, the lyrics surrounding the word give no clues because there's no imagery whatsoever, for me anyway. "Ch'mon" might be a word in a regional dialect; these sorts of things are known to happen, but it's quite an unusual-looking word.

-M

Idioteque

Italy - Italian
    Well, Moogey, it's that its pronunciation is "sh'mon"... so it can't be a mispelling for c'mon... :(

Moogey said:
    I've never heard of "ch'mon". There's still a possibility of a mispelling, meaning "c'mon" though, right? -M

Moogey

USA English
    Idioteque said:
    Well, Moogey, it's that its pronunciation is "sh'mon"... so it can't be a mispelling for c'mon... :(
    Oh, well, there is always that rare but possible chance they're not trying to say something but rather just make a sound. Nonetheless, it's beyond my knowledge!

-M

Moogey

USA English
    river said:
    According to Urban dictionary - ch'mon 1. A slang for sex. 2. To get some sex.
    Don't you give me your,
    Sex,
    Ch'mon,
    Where is your love?
    Don't you give me your love,
    Don't you give me your,
    Sex,
    Sex,
    Where is your love?
    Don't you give me your love?
    Don't you give me your.

Now that still doesn't make too much sense. Although, I have come to my own conclusion that the true meaning of this song really can't be determined.

-M

Isotta

English, Hodgepodge
    river said:
    According to Urban dictionary - ch'mon 1. A slang for sex. 2. To get some sex.
    Are you suggesting that "ch'mon" is the modern equivalent of the "fa la la" of Renaissance madrigals?

Z.

< Previous | Next >