Choose the wine tasting option that best suits your . . .

susanna76

Romanian
Hi,

Here's a sentence that doesn't sound right:
"We invite you to choose the wine tasting option that best suits your desire and time constraints."

I re-wrote the first part, up to "that best suits your." I don't know what to do about the second part. I had to translate that part too, to include desire and time, and just can't think how to word the darned thing. Help!

• susanna76

Romanian
    Hi gramman, you're right: it should be wine-tasting up there. I'm just too tired ;-).

There's not much context: they can choose to taste several wines quickly or enjoy a meal with the wines (wait: was it wines with the meal?:)

gramman

How about: "We invite you to choose the wine-tasting option that best suits your preference and time constraints."

I'd think about using "your preference and your time constraints" to avoid having readers take it in as "your preference and time … … … constraints." (Readers can be annoying.) But you might end up with a poor awkwardness to clarity ratio in making that addition.

susanna76

Romanian
    Hi again gramman. I see what you're saying. That construction is not quite parralel, hence my initial question. And, by the way, thank you so much for "preference" instead of "desire." I'll leave it at "preference and time constraints." Thank you!

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >