English base chromakey

Dictionary entry: chromakey

roirosal

Spanish - Spain, Galician
Hi

I suggest adding «chromakey»: an electronic special-effects system for combining a desired background with live foreground action.
chromakey - WordReference.com Dictionary of English

1632424442614.png

English-Spanish
chromakey,
chroma key n
(television: green screen)croma nf

The presenters cann't wear green clothing on the cromakey, because only their head and hands would be looked at.
Los presentadores no pueden llevar ropa verde en el croma, porque solo se les miraría la cabeza y manos.

Last edited:
  • roirosal

English-French: incrustation nf

English-Portuguese: cromaqui nm, (voz inglesa) chroma key nm

Last edited:

DrD

Dictionary Editor
    England English
    Hello,

Thank you for your message. I'm afraid we are not currently accepting suggestions for completely new words via this forum. We regularly review words that our users search for and that are not currently in our dictionaries to see if they are suitable for inclusion, so chromakey may be added at some point in the future.

@roirosal, I'm sorry, but this is going to be the answer most of the time if you suggest new words. Occasionally, if it's something where I'm shocked we don't have it already (so probably something that is in very common usage), I'll add it, even though it's breaking the rules, but this is definitely not a case of that. You can keep trying, of course, but I thought it fair to warn you.

DrD

Dictionary Editor
    England English
    No, I'm sorry, it's not. The English definition dictionary and the English base are not the same thing.

When you send a report to this forum, you see this:

1634840190150.png

Please note "No new words". I don't make the rules, but I am supposed to follow them. Like I say, you are welcome to send the reports, but unless it's a really important addition that we are missing for some reason, I'm probably going to say no. We really do review the words people search for though. It helps us decide which words are important to add. So, even if I can't act on some of the suggestions you send here, that doesn't mean the word won't be added at some point. I'm sorry, I know it's frustrating when you'd like something added, but we can't add everything, and there is a process already for adding new words. You can, however, suggest new senses for already existing words. I can add those.

roirosal

No, I'm sorry, it's not. The English definition dictionary and the English base are not the same thing.

When you send a report to this forum, you see this:

View attachment 63303

Please note "No new words". I don't make the rules, but I am supposed to follow them. Like I say, you are welcome to send the reports, but unless it's a really important addition that we are missing for some reason, I'm probably going to say no. We really do review the words people search for though. It helps us decide which words are important to add. So, even if I can't act on some of the suggestions you send here, that doesn't mean the word won't be added at some point. I'm sorry, I know it's frustrating when you'd like something added, but we can't add everything, and there is a process already for adding new words. You can, however, suggest new senses for already existing words. I can add those.
    Okey. 👎. Understand xd