chronically short of

< Previous | Next >

amzylou

England, English
Hi,

How would I say "I was chronically short of money"? I know that you can say "Andaba escaso de dinero", but I am not sure where to put "chronically", I put it after "escaso", so "escaso cronico de deinero"??? Thanks!

• Sidd

Spain
    I would use: (yo) Tenía una escasez crónica de dinero.

like " por aquellos tiempos (yo) tenía una escasez crónica de dinero"

greenheyes

British English (Cheshire)
    "Chronical" is really a medical term. It´s an adjective, so you can´t use it along with ESCASO. In any case it would sound pretty odd to say " Tenía una escasez crónica de dinero". You could say " Andaba escasísimo de dinero" or more colloquially " Estaba totalmente sin blanca". Hope that helps. Regards.

Sidd

Spain
    Indeed "tenía una escasez crónica de dinero" doesn't sound odd to me, sounds slang-ish funny in an intended way. Like kind of joking.

Skindiver

Español - CUBA
    Hi Amzylou:Agreed with versions but think yours, "Andaba escaso de dinero", is perfect. No need for you to translate it literally ...en mi opinión.Saludos

aztlaniano

English (Aztlán, US sector)
    Hi,

How would I say "I was chronically short of money"? I know that you can say "Andaba escaso de dinero", but I am not sure where to put "chronically", I put it after "escaso", so "escaso cronico de deinero"??? Thanks!
    How about:
    "...solía andar/casi siempre andaba escaso de dinero".
    "...habitualmente/casi siempre me faltaba dinero"

saludos

< Previous | Next >