ci sentiamo presto!

kry-stel

Italia, Italian
Hello forum!

Vorrei sapere come posso fare la traduzione di questa espressione:
"Ci sentiamo presto!"

Non è corretto dire "See you..." o in questo caso può essere anche accettato?

Grazie, in anticipo :)

• M_07

Italian
    How can I say:
    ci sentiamo di pomeriggio?

Would talk you in the afternoon be right?

Last edited:

Salegrosso

Verona (Italy)
    I would like to make this thread rise again because there are no post from an English native speaker!
    Please, BE AE AuE NZE CE etc., post a comment!

For example, if I've got to say "Ci sentiamo" to someone which I know I'll certainly be in touch with in the coming weeks by telephone and/or e-mail, but not personally, how could I write in my last email instead of a "See you soon"?
    I've never heard greetings like "Write you soon", "Hear you soon"... ?

SleepingLeopard

English - United States (New York)
    For example, if I've got to say "Ci sentiamo" to someone which I know I'll certainly be in touch with in the coming weeks by telephone and/or e-mail, but not personally, how could I write in my last email instead of a "See you soon"?
    I've never heard greetings like "Write you soon", "Hear you soon"... ?
    Ciao Salegrosso,

I would write "Talk to you soon" which covers telephone calls and (even though it's not technically "talking") e-mail.

Sextus

Spanish
    I'd like to know the meaning of "Ci sentiamo presto anche per ottobre". I've read the posts in this thread, but I'm not sure whether the meanings you have proposed apply well to the present case (though I might be wrong). This phrase was written in an email an Italian wrote me - I'm planning to go to Italy in October.

Salegrosso

Verona (Italy)
    If anyone knows the answer, I still wish to know the translation for "Ci sentiamo presto anche per ottobre". Thanks.
    As far as I understand from the context you mentioned, the meaning should be:
    we will contact soon (namely, I will phone you, or you will wrote me an email, or I will have a chat with you personally or on skype, or we will meet on msn or on facebook, or you will receive an old traditional letter from me - any way you and I can communicate), also for discussing things concerning my visit next october.

Crissita

Italiano
    Ciao a tutti,
    Come si dice "ci sentiamo appena sarai più libero"
    Attempt :
    Let's talk when you will /be free /have more time?

France.s

Italiano - Italy
    Hello everyone! I use this thread to avoid opening a new one (is it right to say: "I use this thread not to open a new one"? To me it doesn't sound good, how would you translate it better?), i'd translate "Ci sentiamo su skype alle 9" the context is a normal chat between friends. My attempt: Let's meet up on skype at 9!

< Previous | Next >