Cineforum

• road77

Italian
    Cinema club.
    Il forum fa parte di ogni club, alla fine di ogni incontro.

Grazie.
    Un'altra domanda: in Italia, il termine cineforum si usa per indicare anche
    un ciclo di proiezioni cinematografiche legate da un tema comune.
    Pensi cinema club possa andare bene lo stesso?

Grazie ancora Scriptamanent

Scriptamanent

Italy italian
    No. Senza contesto o tutto un paragrafo rischio di scegliere le parole sbagliate.
    Per indicare un ciclo tematico o di un regista particolare direi, ad esempio:

At our cinema club we are viewing/discussing/proposing a series of films on World War II / on the industrial revolution in England...
    Or
    ... a series of films by Antonioni and exploring the theme of alienation.

Spero ti sia di aiuto.

jual

Italy-Italian
    Ciao a tutti, secondo voi come si può tradurre in inglese la parola "Cineforum"? Rimane invariato o esiste un altro termine? Grazie!

(Hello people, how would you translate into English the word "Cineforum"? Does the same word exist in English or do I have to use another term? Thank you!)

jual

Italy-Italian
    Grazie, scusate ma io avevo inserito una nuova discussione e me l'hanno spostata qui, non avevo visto i post sopra! :)

Citrinette

Canadian, English
    I've been having a really difficult time translating this term. It's project organized by the University for Adults here in Ravenna and they are including it in the context of a European project. In this case the films may not be related but there is a discussion after each film.

Cineforum is one of their activities. I can't call it a "Film Club", because it's not a club, and since it's in titles and lists of other activities I can't really make it a whole sentence. The only thing I've been able to find is "Film viewing and discussion".

Any other suggestions?

italtrav

English
    Ciao a tutti, secondo voi come si può tradurre in inglese la parola "Cineforum"? Rimane invariato o esiste un altro termine? Grazie!

(Hello people, how would you translate into English the word "Cineforum"? Does the same word exist in English or do I have to use another term? Thank you!)

I'd probably leave it as cineforum. Vedi qua: http://www.facebook.com/capitalcineforum.

If you have to translate, I'd suggest:
    film society
    repertory film society
    film discussion group
    cinephile society

Citrinette

Canadian, English
    I'd probably leave it as cineforum. Vedi qua: http://www.facebook.com/capitalcineforum.

If you have to translate, I'd suggest:
    film society
    repertory film society
    film discussion group
    cinephile society

Yeah I figured that it was starting to get used in English, it is a combination of English words as well. But when I googled it, I just got a bunch of Italian pages.
    I also tried film forum, and got a NY theatre.

Problem is, that it's not a society, it's a public event, anyone can go... film discussion group is the closest thing so far.... or perhaps I'll just leave it as Cineforum.

cirolemiro

Italian
    Cineforum is usually intended as an activity in the school. On fixed days students gather into a projection room, a film is screened and at the end discussion, usually mediated by a teacher, follows.

sorry66

English, England
    I agree. 'Film screening followed by a discussion'.
    At university it was just called 'Film Night' (of course, it has to then be in the evening!)
    You can also say 'post-screening discussion'.