Citizenship

psicutrinius

Spanish / Spain
Hello everybody

CITIZENSHIP translates as CIUDADANÍA in the first place.

However, I am sure that citizenship has a different translation in the context I attach, though I am at a loss in this case: I am sure that "ciudadanía" is NOT correct here, yet cannot find a proper translation:

The two men urged students, especially those living off-campus, to practice “good citizenship” and avoid potentially problematic situations. The last few years have seen little violence compared to riotous weekends in past decades, McDavis said, adding that he expects students to keep up that trend while having a good time
Help will be appreciated with many thanks

Psicutrinius

• tonyray

English, U.S.A.
    Yes, you're absolutely right. "Citizenship" in this case entails being diplomatic and friendly with one's neighbours, etc. I'm not cognizant of any synonym in Spanish for "ciudadania." Maybe it sounds funny if you say "practicar buena ciudadania." I don't know. Tell me if it sounds strange to you.

victor35ma

psicutrinius said:
    Hello everybody

However, I am sure that citizenship has a different translation in the context I attach, though I am at a loss in this case: I am sure that "ciudadanía" is NOT correct here, yet cannot find a proper translation:

Psicutrinius

good citizenship: (Practicar) buena conducta ciudadana o cuidadano ejemplar, dar buen ejemplo a los demas cuidadanos.

Good civic behavior, to give good example to the other citizens.

bgiorno

Argentina, Spanish
    Creo que diríamos "buen comportamiento" de manera más natural en nuestros países.

According to Merriam Webster
    Citizenship:
    - the quality of an individual's response to membership in a community. (The students are learning the value of good citizenship.)
    - the behavior expected of a person as a member of a community (good citizenship)

rachak

Spanish - Cuba
    Hello everybody

Otra posibilidad seria "practicar buenas reglas de convivencia"

Hope it helps

Psicutrinius
    Hello everybody

Psicutrinius

rachak

Spanish - Cuba
    Otra posibilidad seria "seguir (u obedecer) las reglas de convivencia"

QUOTE="psicutrinius, post: 805458, member: 46193"]
    Hello everybody

Psicutrinius
    [/QUOTE]

< Previous | Next >