clear as the piano in the front window of your home

Stray Lamb

Italian
Hi! I read "Helter Skelter", by Vincent Bugliosi, and I didn't understand some excerpts. This in one of them:

"At her federal trial [for the assassination attempt on President Ford] "Squeaky" Fromme was so obstreperous the judge had her removed from the courtroom for most of the proceedings, but not before she told him that one of the issues at the trial “was as clear as the piano in the front window of your home,” an accurate reference.

"Clear as the piano in the front window of your home" is some kind of expression in USA or it is a mere reverie? And at «issues at the trial», does "issues" mean 'a problem' or 'a defect'?

• LaMercyArt

Hi! I read "Helter Skelter", by Vincent Bugliosi, and I didn't understand some excerpts. This in one of them:

"At her federal trial [for the assassination attempt on President Ford] "Squeaky" Fromme was so obstreperous the judge had her removed from the courtroom for most of the proceedings, but not before she told him that one of the issues at the trial “was as clear as the piano in the front window of your home,” an accurate reference.

"Clear as the piano in the front window of your home" is some kind of expression in USA or it is a mere reverie? And at «issues at the trial», does "issues" mean 'a problem' or 'a defect'?
    I can tell you that it's not an expression in the USA. I've never heard it.
    From the context though, it sounds like she was trying to threaten the judge, or make him/her nervous. As if to say, "I've seen your house." If that's the case, then the word "piano" could be replaced with any other word. E.g.- yellow curtains, fish tank, 5 plants, etc.

< Previous | Next >