Clear your heart

Angelayzf

UK English
Buonasera tutti!

Che qualcumo portra autarmi con questi, per favore...

Clear your heart?
Fatto tua cuora polito??

I'm on my knees, looking for the answers?

You've got to let me go

(yes, if anyone knows - it's from a song by the killers - fantastico!!!)

Mille grazie

• effeundici

Italian - Tuscany
    Could be "Purifica il tuo cuore" in the meaning of make your heart purer.

Or "Libera il tuo cuore" - make your heart freer

Angelayzf

UK English
    Piu chiaro? Significatto lo stesso cosa? Apologies - my Italians non bene, ma sto provando

Grazia effeundici

effeundici

Italian - Tuscany
    I don't know actually. You could use the verb "schiarire" so it would be "schiarisci il tuo cuore" but does not sound good to me.

I think it's because in English "to clear" has also the meaning of removing obstacles, isn'it?

What does it mean exactly in your mind?
    In Italian it is not like this; "schiarire" (to make clearer) is used only with the meaning of improving the vision (with the only exception, I think, of "schiarire la voce" ).

miri

Italy/Italian
    Here you can find the whole translation. What they say in the introduction is not, how can I put it, laudatory:) I also wonder if by "denser" they really mean "più denso" or "more stupid" :) This is not meant to imply a personal opinion, it's a real question ... sorry I'm going off topic, I'm afraid

Angelayzf

UK English
    Ciao effeundici,

Si si,yes to remove obstacles -Ma, to make something clearer - so it/we/everyone/everything (generale) can 'move on'.. andare avanti. Mai sentito schiarire la voce, - ah, see - clear your throat - as if to sing a song? Bo! - I've moved to Sicilia!! ;-) e fatto me sorriso.

would that be the same as clearing your heart of 'the' past ferita? Romantico, puro in generale??
    Grazia.
    E miri? cosa stai parlando?????????

Angelayzf

UK English
    Scusa mi, Miri - che bello!! Grazia per la insito web!! Mama mia!! Un altro canto, pero, bellisimo! Grazia bella

effeundici

Italian - Tuscany
    So I think the best translation should be "Libera il tuo cuore".

"Liberare un prigioniero" is "to free a prisoner"
    "Liberare la strada" is "To clear the road"
    "Liberate la pista" is "Vacate the runway"

You can see the meaning of "liberare" is quite ambiguous in Italian but, in this context, should be very clear (unless you can think of an escaping heart or of someone living in your heart one should choose the second one!! )

Yes, "schiarire la voce" is the same as "to clear one's throat".

I think Miri is talking about the italian translation in the web site.

"Fare una cosa a cuor leggero" can also have the meaning of acting superficially. But I think this could be a bad translation. In this case he/she has to clear his/her heart from obstacles, burden, pain, tiredness and move on; isn't it?

So I would definitely choose "Libera". But someone could find a better solution.

Ciao, ciao

Last edited:

Angelayzf

UK English
    Mille grazia,
    Yes, clear the heart of obstacles, pain, burdens etc etc, perfect
    and - I'm on my knees looking (searching) for the answers?
    Thanks again
    @

Angelayzf

UK English
    Miri, I found this too, as I've never heard of the word 'dancer' used in this context.

“Human”, The Killers’ first single from their third studio album “Day And Age” was premiered on Zane Lowe’s show on “world famous” BBC Radio 1 at 7:30pm on 22nd September 2008.

This song has been the subject of much confusion, as the lyrics of the chorus include the questionable grammar “Are we human or are we dancer?”. Many mishear the word dancer as “denser”, which considerably changes the song’s meaning. However, Brandon Flowers himself said that “the lyrics were inspired by a disparaging comment made by Hunter S. Thompson about how America was raising a generation of dancers.”

< Previous | Next >