clearance for the elevating post

< Previous | Next >

titenessie

French - France
Bonjour,

J'ai posé pour le terme "clear something" mais j'avoue quand dans la phrase suivante :
If you are bolting the lathe to the floor, you need to block up the legs by 40mm to allow sufficient clearance for the elevating post.

Je ne vois pas bien ce que veut dire.
Quel rapport avec l'idée de dégagement ?

Merci

• AnnieF

English - British
    It seems from the text that there is another 'post' or 'leg' that needs to fit under the lathe in some way. The implication is that if the lathe is bolted to the ground, more height needs to be created to allow this. It's difficult to guess exactly what this is without seeing some kind of diagram - do you have one that you could scan in? That might enable us to give you a better explanation.

titenessie

French - France
    It seems from the text that there is another 'post' or 'leg' that needs to fit under the lathe in some way. The implication is that if the lathe is bolted to the ground, more height needs to be created to allow this. It's difficult to guess exactly what this is without seeing some kind of diagram - do you have one that you could scan in? That might enable us to give you a better explanation.
    No diagram showing this elevating post, that's why I was a little bit lost, because I thought I had misunderstood the sentence.

titenessie

French - France
    On doit laisser un espace (dégagement) sous le tour pour éviter que le poteau élévateur bloque sur le plancher.
    Je vais à l'aveugle copier votre suggestion car n'ayant aucune image de ce fameux "elevating post", je ne pourrai être précise dans le choix de mes termes.

Merci et Joyeux Nöel !

< Previous | Next >