clerical collar bib


Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
I am trying to remember the name of an item I bought in Italy and that I need to order again. Of course I can't find my sales slip. :eek:

In English, it would be called a "clerical collar bib" or "clerical collar shell". It is a stand-up white collar (like a priest's collar) that has long pieces that come down to the waist in front and back and closes at the bottom on each side with ties or velcro. It is worn by nuns and priests.

This (priest's version) is very similar, but is too short and does not have the side closures; it is also the wrong color. The one I am looking for is all white (nun's version).

Can anyone tell me what this is called in Italian? I tried pettino, but that doesn't seem to be right.
  • Nunty

    Hebrew-US English (bilingual)
    Brilliant! Thank you very much, Akire. (Not only do I have the word, I now have another source for price comparison. ;))
    < Previous | Next >