Click to see who likes this

ME GRIMLOCK

English-American
On facebook.com there was a button that said "see who likes this" and I was wondering how you would say that in Spanish without sounding ridiculous. My attempt is kind of ridiculous:

"Haz cliq para ver a ellos a quienes esto les gusta."

Thanks

• murciana

Spanish - Spain
    And if you want to have a translation different from the «official»…:
    Pincha (aquí) para ver a quién le gusta esto

ME GRIMLOCK

English-American
    And if you want to have a translation different from the «official»…:
    Pincha (aquí) para ver a quién le gusta esto
    I thought of something like this but I didn't think you could use the same a as a personal a and for the a that refers to the object of gustar. But if you say it works then I believe you.

In elprofe's translations, why don't you need a personal a referring to personas? That is, why isn't it "Ver a las personas a las que les gusta esto"? And could it be translated simply as "Ver a las que les gusta esto"?

elprofe

Spanish (Spain)
    I thought of something like this but I didn't think you could use the same a as a personal a and for the a that refers to the object of gustar. But if you say it works then I believe you.

In elprofe's translations, why don't you need a personal a referring to personas? That is, why isn't it "Ver a las personas a las que les gusta esto"? And could it be translated simply as "Ver a las que les gusta esto"?
    a very good question... :)
    If you say: "Ver a las personas a las que les gusta esto" it seems it means that if you click on there, you will see those people phisically
    But I don't know the answer from a grammatical point of view...

murciana

Spanish - Spain
    The correct structure is what you say, Grimlock, ver a las personas a las que les gusta esto; but we’re talking about a short sentence in a webpage, I think it’s just a way to summarize. I’m afraid I disagree with elprofe :(, it can be just the people’s name what you see by clicking there…

elprofe

Spanish (Spain)
    Para mí:
    "ver las personas a las que les gusta esto" es correcto también...
    Es como si dices: "ver tal cosa" o "ver eso"

Al ponerle la "a", hace pensar en un complemento de persona... quizás sea por eso que a mí me parece que las vayas a ver en persona a dicha gente...

< Previous | Next >