Cock equipments

Marcebsb

Spanish
Hi everyone. This one is from a Landside Maintenance Plan, (specifically about airports). They talk about all kind of equipments and facilities but I still haven't been able to understand the meaning of 'Cock' in this context.

The line goes like this: "Communications facility refers to in-plant operator system, audio and video equipments, surveillance camera equipments, cock equipments, etc..."

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Marcebsb

Spanish
    Hola Quique, muchas gracias por tu respuesta.

La verdad no sé, está escrito solamente 'Cock', y habla más sobre los equipos e instalaciones dentro del aeropuerto que de los aviones en sí.

Marcebsb

Spanish
    Mmm... Hay que tener en cuenta que en ese punto específico se habla de las instalaciones de comunicaciones: Equipos de audio, video y vigilancia.

phantom2007

spain, Spanish
    Mi intento:

"Las instalaciones de comunicaciones se refieren al sistema para el operador en planta (?), los equipos de video y audio, las cámaras de video de vigilancia, los equipos de cabina, etc."

k-in-sc

I don't see why cockpit equipment would be part of an airport plan.
    The fact that this original says "equipments" instead of the normal "equipment" makes me think something might be wrong with it.

phantom2007

spain, Spanish
    Plane cockpit communications are mostly through VHF radio systems. These require little infraestruture, but some, such as antennae and transmitters/receivers that must be located somewhere. There are also local communication facilities but (as I understand it) but they not part of the airport but more of the plane itself (wired links between ground personnel and pilot while grounded).

There is also a sort of small control cabin at the head of each embarking finger, but I doubt these could be named as "cocks".

In fact, another mystery.

< Previous | Next >